Nebula is expanding and we have three open positions on our engineering team for talented and highly-motivated individuals: Database Architect, Senior Python/Django Developer, Senior Developer for IaaS. All of the positions are located onsite at NASA Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley, California. As a member of the Nebula team you will play a key role in developing the next high-capacity Cloud Platform for NASA and be at the center of Cloud innovation in Government. Nebula is a fast-paced project, and we are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, who can hit the ground running and who can be leaders in their area of expertise.
** To apply, send your resume to email@example.com**
Database Architect / Cloud DBaaS
We are looking for a senior-level database developer to help define, design and construct a multi-tenanted, highly available and highly scalable database-as-a-service offering within the Nebula Cloud Computing environment.
• Architect DBaaS to meet security, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability requirements
• Work effectively and transparently with the Architect, Engineering Lead, and Hardware/Networking Lead
• Prepare DBaaS documentation to meet engineering, security, operations needs
• Interface with the open-source release team as needed
• Experienced with replication
• Experiences with Linux-HA or equivalent
• Software development experience using a scripting language (ruby, python, perl, bash)
• Working knowledge of RESTian software APIs
• Working knowledge of EC2
• Experience working in a zero-down-time environment
• DRBD experience
• Load-balancing proxy experience (HA-Proxy, Perlbal, Squid, etc)
• Experience building software APIs using Python (twisted, tornado, etc. a plus)
• Low-level experience with replication protocols and proxying (mysqlproxy, pg/proxy)
• Experience leading small teams
• A predilection for measurement and statistics
• DBA background
• Working knowledge of NoSQL
• Agile development experience
10+ years of related experience with 5+ Years experience setting up, managing and scaling highly-available database clusters using open-source software (MySQL and/or Postgres)
Senior Python/Django Developer / Cloud PaaS
We are looking for a Python/Django programmer to develop key functionality for the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering within the Nebula Cloud Computing environment.
• Design, develop and document web interfaces to manage the configuration, deployment and control of web applications for the NASA Nebula Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
• Mentor pilot customers with developing applications on the cloud computing
• Participate in periodic design reviews
• Conduct periodic reviews of other developers code, assist with monitoring overall code metrics and quality
• Excellent Python and Django skills
• Real-world experience building high-performance, highly scaleable web applications
• Agile experience preferred
10+ years of related experience with a minimum of 5 years experience web application development experience
Senior Developer / Cloud IaaS
We are looking for a senior-level programmer to develop open-source solutions for deploying, managing, and metering services on NASA’s Nebula cloud computing platform.
• Design, develop and document Infrastructure-as-a-service (Iaas) software for the NASA Nebula cloud computing platform
• Develop applications for managing and metering the cloud computing platform for pilot customers
• Participate in periodic design reviews and open source releases
• Conduct periodic reviews of other developers’ code, assist with monitoring overall code metrics and quality
• Attend daily team meetings, providing high-value input and feedback to the team
• Experience with message passing and other asynchronous programming methodologies.
• Specific & relevant experience public cloud computing platforms like S3, EC2, etc.
• Experience in managing open-source communities and public source-code repositories
• Experience developing java based web applications.
• Experience with multiple programming languages (java, scale, python, ruby, c, ...)
• Specific and relevant experience with KVM
• Ability to read and update code written in C is a plus
• Agile experience preferred
10+ years of related experience with a minimum of 4 years experience developing high-performance, highly scalable web applications.